We are the San Diego chapter of The Zeitgeist Movement. We launched in October 2009.
This is our shortened, easier to digest, version of The Movement’s official mission statement.
Statement of Purpose
We, acknowledging our role on Earth as a collective human family, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace and sustainability by applying the concept of engaging social conflict peacefully, without violence and to offer an alternative path to a peaceful future existence. To this goal we will work with others to:
- Increase public awareness of the structural violence within a scarcity oriented and competitive monetary based economic system.
- Transition to an economy that can manage the capabilities of the technical age, an economy of abundance and cooperation based on Natural Law, which is termed a Resource based economy.
- Declare the Earth’s Resources as common heritage of all the world’s people.
- Utilize technology intelligently for the freeing of humanity.
- Collectively understand that which influences human behavior and to address those influences such as culture, values, education, environmental influence and language semantics.
- Apply the principles of the Scientific Method for problem solving with human and environmental concern.
As members of the Zeitgeist Movement, we pledge to use objectivity and encourage a positive shift in values to achieve these goals. All members are trusted to act in the best interest of the group for the larger purpose of world peace and global sustainability.
Sustainability Advocacy Organization that focuses on
Awareness, Activism and Community
Started in 2008 by Peter Joseph as an activist arm of the Venus Project
Awareness – International, State and City Chapters
Activism – Project Teams such as media project and technology teams
Community – Charities such as Food Drives and other projects
Move on from Monetary based Socio-Economic Model
to a New Resource Based “Natural Law” Economy
From Believing problems such as Poverty, War, Starvation and Pollution
are the sole result of Corruption, Scarcity, or just Human Nature
And trying to fix them through a damaged system of
Monetary exchange, Business and Profit
a Direct Technical Approach Based on
Resource Management, Allocation and Design using the
Scientific Method to reason problems and find optimal solutions
Focusing on a Train of thought
instead of Political figures, Platforms, Institutions or Country
Viewing the world as a Single System
The Human Species as One Family
Utilizing All forms of Non-violent communication
Recognizing the need for all countries to apply the
Long term goal of disarming, and sharing resources and Ideas
If we ever expect to survive in the long run
Matt’s Super-Short Version
TZM is an international organization dedicated to transforming our global socioeconomic system into one of greater peace and prosperity for all people.
- To increase public awareness of the harms of capitalism (Poverty, War, Starvation, Pollution).
- To promote and pursue a global Natural Law / Resource-Based Economy (NLRBE).
- To promote the use of the scientific method to solve our social problems.
Main article: Projects
We do Meetups, Lectures (Z-Day), and Artivist (Zeitgeist Media Festival) events along with monthly planning meetings and monthly public meetings.