We are the San Diego chapter of The Zeitgeist Movement. We launched in October 2009.
This is our shortened, easier to digest, version of The Movement’s official mission statement.
Statement of Purpose
As members of The Zeitgeist Movement, we affirm our greater responsibility to support global sustainability. To this end we will work with others to:
- Increase public awareness of the inefficiencies within a monetary based economy.
- Transition to a Resource Based Economy.
- Declare the Earth’s resources as common heritage of all the world’s people.
- Utilize technology intelligently for the freeing of humanity.
- Understand that which influences human behavior.
- Apply the principles of the Scientific Method for problem solving.
As members of the Zeitgeist Movement, we strive to use objectivity and encourage a positive shift in values to achieve these goals. All members are encouraged to be proactive for the larger purpose of world peace and global sustainability.
Sustainability Advocacy Organization that focuses on
Awareness, Activism and Community
Started in 2008 by Peter Joseph as an activist arm of the Venus Project
Awareness – International, State and City Chapters
Activism – Project Teams such as media project and technology teams
Community – Charities such as Food Drives and other projects
Move on from Monetary based Socio-Economic Model
to a New Resource Based “Natural Law” Economy
From Believing problems such as Poverty, War, Starvation and Pollution
are the sole result of Corruption, Scarcity, or just Human Nature
And trying to fix them through a damaged system of
Monetary exchange, Business and Profit
a Direct Technical Approach Based on
Resource Management, Allocation and Design using the
Scientific Method to reason problems and find optimal solutions
Focusing on a Train of thought
instead of Political figures, Platforms, Institutions or Country
Viewing the world as a Single System
The Human Species as One Family
Utilizing All forms of Non-violent communication
Recognizing the need for all countries to apply the
Long term goal of disarming, and sharing resources and Ideas
If we ever expect to survive in the long run
Matt’s Super-Short Version
TZM is an international organization dedicated to transforming our global socioeconomic system into one of greater peace and prosperity for all people.
- To increase public awareness of the harms of capitalism (Poverty, War, Starvation, Pollution).
- To promote and pursue a global Natural Law / Resource-Based Economy (NLRBE).
- To promote the use of the scientific method to solve our social problems.
Main article: Projects
We do Meetups, Lectures (Z-Day), and Artivist (Zeitgeist Media Festival) events along with monthly planning meetings and monthly public meetings.